Originally Posted on May 21, 2021 – You may have heard that all RCAM Pediatricians enthusiastically endorse the COVID-19 Vaccination for all eligible patients, but have you heard this:
RCAM is now scheduling COVID-19 Vaccination for all of our patients 12 years old and up.
Some important details:
- The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine has been approved for adolescents 12 years old and up.
- We will administer the vaccine at appointments designated for vaccine only. We will be unable to add a COVID-19 Vaccine to any other type of visit.
- You may call to schedule your child’s COVID-19 Vaccination appointment beginning today, Friday, May 21st.
- Our schedulers can only take calls for these appointments on weekdays during regular business hours. Please do not call on the weekend to schedule vaccination appointments.
- The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine has shown to be very effective after completing two (2) doses separated by 21 days. When you call to schedule, we will require setting dates for both doses.
- You may have read that this vaccine has some very specific storage requirements. For that reason, we will not be scheduling any drive thru vaccine clinics (it saddens me to write that – stay tuned). Each appointment will be indoors at our Duraleigh office (follow the signs to our backdoor entrance).
As vaccination rates have gone up, it has been exciting to see cases go down.
Let’s all do what we can to control COVID-19.